Creative Montessori’s Discovery House centers on establishing independence, self-esteem, and confidence while fostering learning at a child’s own pace.
We have summer programming available! Call our main office to learn more: (734) 284-5600
Weekly tuition is $170 for five full days.
For 4 full days: $152
For 3 full days: $114
Our teachers have four goals that encompass what we hope to achieve in our prepared environment.
- Awaken your child’s spirit and imagination.
- Encourage independence and self-esteem.
- Develop kindness, courtesy, and self-discipline.
- Learn how to observe, question, and learn independently.
The Discovery House teacher introduces lesson to the class as a whole, small groups, and also individually.
Our prepared enviroment is kept organized, warm, and inviting. It contains different learning centers that are filled with objects that are tactile hands-on materials.
There are four main areas of curriculum that are followed throughout the school year.
- Practical life- Activities a child encounters during their daily living, such as; pouring, scooping, buttoning, and many more exercises that build self-esteem.
- Sensorial- Materials that allow a child to learn size, volume, length, touch, temperature, weight, color, shape, or sound.
- Language- Children are immersed in language throughout the day. They participate in songs, poems, stories, discussions, and Spanish as the foreign language.
- Mathematics- Children learn the basic math foundation of order, sequence, patterns, relationships. quantity, and dimension.
Our primary goal is for your child to gain self-confidence and become an independent learner. Our prepared environment presents multiple opportunities for your child to develop a love of learning.