The teaching style of Dr. Maria Montessori is meant to spark creativity, initiative, and self-confidence in children. With that in mind, it is no wonder that there are so many notable former Montessori students. Below is a list of just a few Montessori students you may have heard of.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin, founders of Google
- Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, former First Lady
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize-winning novelist
- Anne Frank, famous child diarist from World War II
- Prince William and Prince Harry, sons of Charles, Prince of Wales
- Melissa and Sarah Gilbert, actresses
- Sean Combs, famous rapper
- Julia Child, first TV chef
- Helen Hunt, Academy Award winning actress
- George Clooney, Academy Award winning actor
- David Blaine, magician (also sent his children to a Montessori school)
- Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Bill & Hillary Clinton
- Dakota Fanning, Academy Award nominated actress
Learn more about why the Montessori Method is a great choice for your child.
Larry Page and Sergey Brin credit their success to attending a Montessori Preschool that taught them to think outside the box. Check out the video below to see what they had to say.